Crozet Community Association Meeting Agenda
November 10, 2022 at 7:30 PM
Claudius Crozet Park Community Building
(aka old WPED radio building)
Please enter Crozet Park through the front gate on Park Road and park on the basketball courts located behind the main facility and near the Community building. Please do not park along Hilltop Street or Indigo Road.)
Agenda Review / Changes and additions from the floor.
Approval of the CCA’s last meeting’s minutes (September 8, 2022; click here for PDF version of the minutes)
Albemarle County Police Department (ACPD) may visit and give an update. (Evening Patrol Division)
Presentation: Montclair Stream: Myths & Facts (Eric Schmitz, Crozet United)
Here is an update regarding the White Gate Farm/Montclair stream, shared by Eric Schmitz. The environmental consultants hired by Albemarle County have confirmed that there is, indeed, an “intermittent” stream, which is entitled to protection under County ordinances. Frank Pohl, the County Engineer, issued this stream determination letter on October 19, 2022.
Update and News from Ann Mallek, our county supervisor
- Tom Loach’s motion: “That the CCA set up a survey committee, similar to the last one in 2017, to gauge the Crozet community’s support for each of the county’s AC44 options.”
[Note: Per Article VII of the CCA bylaws, this motion is being presented at a second regular CCA meeting for discussion and vote, and if accepted, will be adopted.]
- Crozet Independence Day Celebration, Saturday, July 1, 2023
- At our next regular meeting (January 12, 2023) the CCA will elect officers for 2023. Nominations are open for President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Current officers are: President: Tim Tolson, Vice-President: Lisa Goehler, Secretary: Jo Ann Perkins, and Acting Treasurer: Tim Tolson. Candidates must be present at the January 12, 2023 meeting or have spoken with a current officer about their willingness to serve if elected (Article II of the Bylaws).
- Crozet Park Winter Brews Festival, Saturday, December 3, 2022 from 12 Noon to 5:00 PM. Tickets are available now! Live music, food trucks & more. Information at: http://www.crozetbeerfest.com/
Volunteer to help by going to: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a0e48a4af2ea75-4thannual
–> Sign up for at least one shift and get free admission to the Festival for the rest of the day. Volunteers at this Festival must be age at least 21 years old.
- Crozet Volunteer Fire Department Christmas Parade, Sunday, December 4 at 2:00 PM. Lineup is at 1:00 PM on Wayland Drive in Crozet. Organized by the Crozet Volunteer Fire Department. Parade starts at Wayland Drive and turns left at the 4-way stop, ending at the CVFD fire house, where they will have some additional events for the kids and community.
Future Agenda Items?
The next CCA meeting is January 12, 2023 at 7:30 PM
at the Crozet Park Community Building (aka old radio building)
Join our email list by signing up at: http://CrozetCommunity.org/contact-us/
This email list is moderated, so you cannot get spam because only approved email messages are sent out. Volume is usually 1-4 emails a month, all related to Crozet & Western Albemarle events and concerns.